TO ASSIST IN HELPING YOU CREATE A UNIQUE AND MEMORABLE WEDDING CELEBRATION WE ARE HAPPY TO SHARE OUR AMAZING INDUSTRIAL SPACE AT THE WEAVING SHED, OLD GLAMIS FACTORY, WITH IT’S ROOTS ESTABLISHED IN DUNDEE’S HISTORIC TEXTILE INDUSTRY, THE FACTORY WENT ON TO PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE ARTS AND CRAFTS MOVEMENT WITH DECORATIVE TEXTILE DESIGN AND UNIQUE WEAVING / MANUFACTURING TECHNIQUES (FABRICS WOVEN HERE ARE ON SHOW AT V&A DUNDEE). OUR VENUE IS SPREAD OVER A LARGE GROUND FLOOR AREA, IN WHICH THE SPACE CAN BE USED FLEXIBLY AND BE DRESSED TO YOUR OWN STYLE/REQUIREMENTS. THE ORIENTATION AND LAYOUT OF THE VENUE PRESENTS ITSELF NATURALLY AS THREE DEFINED SPACES, THE CEREMONY ROOM, THE RECEPTION DRINKS AREA WHICH HAS AN ADJACENT OUTDOOR AREA AND THE WEDDING BREAKFAST SPACE WHICH INCORPORATES EVENING ENTERTAINMENT/DANCE FLOOR AREA.
We have had the pleasure in working with some fantastic suppliers we can recommend to help you with your wedding arrangements and styling the venue, while we are also happy to work with other suppliers of your choosing. The lighting, hand crafted tables, seating and some larger accessories/furniture shown in many of the photos are ours and are included in our pricing.
FOOD & DRINK
We are happy to accommodate formal and informal dining requirements and have contacts for suppliers who can work with you to create your personalised menu or food style. Having the outdoor space means we can also accommodate food vans for a street food style offering or for supper later. We have staffed bars, with a range of options open to you, for reception drinks we can serve you and your guests with drinks supplied by us to include a delicious range of cocktails or you can supply your own fizz (an agreed number of bottles) served by our bar team for a corkage fee, the reception drinks can be run in conjunction with our paying bar. We can provide wine for Wedding Breakfast or for a corkage fee you can supply an agreed number of bottles, we will also offer drinks packages nearer to your chosen date. After reception drinks and the wedding breakfast are over, any surplus wine (corkage) will be removed from the tables and the venue will resort to our paying (card and cash) bar only.
- Includes three day hire covering a day either side for set up and removal
- Staffing costs to cover the three days including negotiating access with vendors/suppliers re. deliveries and collections etc
- Industrial rustic style live edge tables, benches and chairs
- Festoon lighting for throughout the venue
- PA for use during in ceremony area for back ground music and for speeches
- Whisky barrels and tops
- Various sofas and chairs for breakout areas
- Two rustic/industrial looking bars
- Heating as required
- Waste disposal
- 2022 / 2023 hire rate £5,000, 2024/2025 hire rate £5,500(25% deposit on booking confirmation, balance to be paid the month prior to the wedding date)
We are restricting the use as a wedding venue to just one per month, please contact us to discuss availability.